cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stability issues

RandomR
Tuning in

Hi,

Over the past 3-4 days my internet has approximately gone down around 4/5 times. I'm all for the odd occasionally down time, but this frequently is appalling. 

Trying to phone in and I get stuck in a constant loop that there is a problem in the area, as its a complex issues its taking longer than expected etc - no ETA given. Online link they send shows no issues.

So I guess 2 things I want to know, firstly what is going on/has been going on? Is it something specific to my line?

And more importantly do I have grounds to be let out of my contract due to these constant issues? I'd rather go back to my old provider -- slower speeds but very reliable.

44940f3c0db48fc7e0bd7d78931538d811ab3b65-30-10-2022ff42cf804ddf54351fe9c8244030d4d3c517a0a4-28-10-20220472d0148e34818065622b9a4895870ebb18085a-27-10-2022

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
As its a known fault and they are working to fix it, ry the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number. if appropriate.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey RandomR, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you having some connection issues.

I have taken a look at our side and I can there is an SNR outage until the 7 November.

I understand this is frustrating and I am sorry about this. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Any latest updates on this . It's getting worse and worse.

Also the compensation question has been dodged. Since it's not complete lack of service all day but clearly it's not good service. What is the compensation I'm party to here?

Here is the graph from yesterday - appalling. 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/930b268c0813cdd4ba720b15bec2354e5e...

Thanks for your reply @RandomR, I can certainly understand the frustration with this. 

I have checked the status of the outage for you and it seems like the estimated fix time has now changed to 13:15 on 08/11/22. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this, the team will be doing all they can to have this resolved as soon as possible.

All info regarding auto compensation for any issues can be found here.

Let us know if you need anything further, we will be happy to assist.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules