Menu
Carlo123
Joining in
Message 1 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Sonoff switch no connecting

Hi I have bought some sonoff wifi switches and they just wont connect I've disabled 5ghz still wont connect driving me nuts anyone able to provide any help?  Super hub 3 if that helps 

Thanks allot 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sonoff switch no connecting

Hi Carlo123,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear the new product was not working. Has this changed since your post? 

If you need further help please let us know.

Kind regards.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Carlo123
Joining in
Message 3 of 30
Flag for a moderator

No not much has changed I have managed to get it to connect of I turn off the 5ghz band but soon as I turn the 5ghz back on it loses connection again 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Which model Hub do you currently have Carlo123? If it is a Hub 3.0 these are designed to switch between devices and frequencies depending on which they work on.

Rob

0 Kudos
Carlo123
Joining in
Message 5 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have a hub 3 thanks its still doesn't connect virtually given up now 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Do you experience the same problem with any other devices connected to your hub over a wireless connection? If not, have you spoken to Sonoff for further advice?

Rob

0 Kudos
Carlo123
Joining in
Message 7 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi no everything else works fine including my wifi sockets and wifi light bulbs the sonoff devices are the only ones which do not work right also I have tries separating the 2.4 and 5 ghz frequency but the hub just keeps saying that the passwords can't be the same for both networks 

I haventbcintactes sonoff as there likely to tell to separate my frequencies as I know that that does work as it has connected when I disable the 5ghz network but soon as I turned it back on again it lost connection again 

Thanks again 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Thansk Carlo123, you might need to set up some Port Forwarding rules to enable a smooth connection. I don't have experience with these specific devices, but I'll leave your thread open so that other Community members can comment. Let us know if this helps.

Rob

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 30
Flag for a moderator

What model of sonoff since not a make familiar with,  also how you got cabling, have you split the WiFi into different network's

--------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up on kudos. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution, but only do this once issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Carlo123
Joining in
Message 10 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi it's a sonoff basic switch I've tried sperating the frequencys however whenever I do my uub bounces back and tells me I cant have the same password for both networks 20190206_213918.jpg

0 Kudos