cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone else signed in to hub settings

mpa1
Tuning in

Hi, my Virgin Media app frequently says “looks like someone else is signed into your hub settings” when I try to see my devices on broadband. No-one else is signed in. I have to switch the Wifi on and off to get in but the same thing keeps happening. 
Any clues? 
thanks. 

69 REPLIES 69

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

Factory reset on the Hub using this exact method …

DO NOT DO THIS if the password on the base of the Hub is not legible or missing.

Instructions for Hub 3

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Once a steady white and no other lights are illuminated check your system again.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

hsmith92
Joining in

For me is was a cache issue. 

By accessing the router on 192.168.0.1 in incognito mode it worked, so I deleted my browsing history and was able to login fine.

i don't have the app installed anywhere so I cant uninstall it

i strongly suspect VM have merged my 2 wifi bands again after I told them not to- but I can't get it to fix it

my separate 5g SSID has vanished, and my Tablets are much faster on 5g only than on a combined SSID, which is why I told VM NOT to mess with it.

so given that I don't have the app, how do I get access back?

AS PER OTHER THREADS, tried incognito mode in browser, no joy, tried alt browsers on other device, no joy...

not willing to do  a full reset because of the hassle

Ps - i pulled the power cable out of the hub for a while. replaced it. still cant' log in. still calims someone else is logegd in. and I dont have the app to delete.

Seems I am STUCK ?

i can access router status OK, as that does no need a log in. can't get to my wifi settings.

Hi @cybmole.

Welcome back to our community forums.

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this with your WIFI bands. We can understand the frustration caused and want to best help. I have had a look back end and I can not see any verification that your bands have been merged.

Please try the following link which can verify this for you https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-changing-your-hubs-wireless-channel and let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

more nonsense. I have a smart phone and 2 tablets. searched all of them virgin CONNECT  app Is NOT installed.

but google play store says I last used it july 16 or 17th 2021 on all 3 devices! that's nonsense. I ddid nt use it. EVEN IF I DID, THEN FORGOT, i WOUDL NOT HAVE USED IT ON 3 DEVICES IN 24 HOURS !

so I think Ok , lets be bloody minded and INSTALL it. do that. app says it can't connect!

uninstall  it

still stuck

cybmole
Community elder

well the 1st thing your link seys to do is to go to the settings page !!!

DUH

i did notice that after a powercycle my 2.4Ghz band changed from 11 to 1. that was set to manual, not to auto, I am sure, so that shoudl not be happening either

PS as for play store. I think when it says last used on 17th July it means the device, not the app???

play store is saying INSTALLED but is also confirming its not already installed on each compatible device, when I drill down. contradictory.

PPS my lan settings all look good in ipconfig.. 192.168.0.1.   etc. 

1msmith78
On our wavelength

Hi cybmole

If you take a look at my message at 22/10/2020 09:34 (message 46 in the thread) - nearly a year ago - that pretty much sums up the situation.

In short, software version 9.1.1912.304 does NOT appear to have the issue - you may have luck triggering an update by turning it off and leaving it overnight before turning it on again. If you can't get it to update then a pin-hole reset will indeed be the only way of getting back in.

I can attest from personal experience that Virgin have no reservations about tinkering with customer's router settings but will then swear blind that they haven't. If you have noticed something is different, then the chances are something has indeed been changed.

In fairness to other posters, the App is known to cause a lot of issue however this is NOT one of them. This is a definite router issue.

Best of luck, I am well aware of how frustrating this issue is  *AND*  how frustrating their refusal to acknowledge the issue is.

Thank you for your response.

We do not mean to cause further frustration but we want to do our best to understand and help.

Just to confirm, have you ever been able to log into your WIFI settings before? Is this a recent issue?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

> imsmith78 , thanks for that.

I did notice the hub did some self-restart thing yesterday pm but the network log was saying I'd been connected for 7 days, when I checked after it came back u

i suspect it was yesterday they messaged with my settings, because my wife's phone then decided it was not onnceted to hub wifi & she got a mobile data usage warning.

i sorted that, I think, by toggling various things until the phone decided that the house wifi was OK

variosu erros in log over last few days:

Network Log

Time Priority Description

21/07/2021 10:37:24noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
21/07/2021 10:30:0ErrorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
21/07/2021 10:04:12noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
21/07/2021 09:57:48criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
21/07/2021 09:57:47Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
21/07/2021 09:57:47criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
21/07/2021 09:57:46Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
21/07/2021 09:57:46criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
21/07/2021 09:57:45Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
21/07/2021 09:37:58noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
20/07/2021 07:06:37criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;C

i think I will just give it 24 hours them try again, otherwise its just going to ruin my day.

i do have working internet , so its' an annoyance, but not a show stopper.