cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone else signed in to hub settings

mpa1
Tuning in

Hi, my Virgin Media app frequently says “looks like someone else is signed into your hub settings” when I try to see my devices on broadband. No-one else is signed in. I have to switch the Wifi on and off to get in but the same thing keeps happening. 
Any clues? 
thanks. 

69 REPLIES 69

Only works for a day then same issue!

i have reset the password on the Router so not a default password issue.

i find if I reset with the switch then the hub it works for today with the app.

must be a bug 

1msmith78
On our wavelength

Yeah, I think we have confirmed that it is a definite bug with the hub itself.

Some of us (myself included) have never used the phone app but we are still getting this problem so I don't believe the phone app is at fault (although it certainly won't help). I have tried the pin-hole reset and I was able to get access again but I got the same results as Pedro, the next day I checked to see if I could still access the settings and found I was locked out again.   😞

Thank you, this worked. I am now able to access the hub settings using the browser, won't bother reinstalling the app.

I too am experiencing the same issue both on the App and the web browser.

It works once rebooted then later the same issue happens, it is so frustrating!

Hey 1msmith78,

Sorry that you are experiencing this issue with your hub @1msmith78.

You mention that you have been locked out, is that the password not working or the page doesn't open in time and times out?

When you did the pinhole reset, how long did you hold the reset button in for? You should hold this button in for around 60 seconds for a full reset to take place.

Regards

Steven_L

Hi @Steven_L

Thank you for your reply.

The issue is that we are constantly told that someone else is signed in to the settings. Restarting the hub has no effect.

I did a full pinhole reset - this worked and I was able to log in.

Next day, was told that "someone else was signed in to the hub".

There is a bug with the hub that makes it think that someone else is logged in - multiple people in this forum have confirmed the same.

The only way to log back into the hub is to reset it using the pinhole but this only enables access for a few hours until the bug occurs again.

This is not an issue with an incorrect password or timing out.

Thanks.

Hey @1msmith78,

I have sought some advice from a colleague and they have said we would need to send out a new hub to get this issue resolved as you should be able to get into your settings after one reset of your hub.

I have arranged for this to be sent out to you, all the information that you need about your delivery can be found on your online account and clicking My Account and Order tracking, you will also receive your tracking information via text message or email from our delivery partner.

Regards

Steven_L

Are you sending hubs to everyone else whose app doesn’t work?

thanks 

Laura

Hey @Lauraaaa,

I have arranged for a new hub to be sent out to 1msmith78 as they werent able to access their hub settings via the settings web page and also because their hub was not fully resetting, which could have created service issues with the hub. 

Are you able to log into your hub settings via 192.168.0.1?

Regards

Steven_L

Hi,

Unfortunately, i'm not using an app, I am just using my web browser to access 192.168.0.1