cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone else signed in to hub settings

mpa1
Tuning in

Hi, my Virgin Media app frequently says “looks like someone else is signed into your hub settings” when I try to see my devices on broadband. No-one else is signed in. I have to switch the Wifi on and off to get in but the same thing keeps happening. 
Any clues? 
thanks. 

69 REPLIES 69

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gleefull wrote:

Maybe the majority of complaints are about the app because that’s how most people try to access the hub settings.  If the app is the problem, why does resetting the hub temporarily fix it whilst reinstalling the app doesn’t? 😉

I suspect the app does not log out properly and leaves the Hub thinking the app is still logged on. Personally I’ll just stick to using the old fashioned method as it never gives any bother. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Well, I thought I’d test the theory that the app is the problem. I deleted it, reset the hub and then logged into the settings page through my web browser.  It’s been fine all day, no problem logging in and out. Until tonight, just tried again and got the message “someone else is currently logged in to the settings page”.  So I stand by my original theory, it’s the hub, not the app.  😕

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Or maybe your LAN IP changed.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gleefull wrote:

Well, I thought I’d test the theory that the app is the problem. I deleted it, reset the hub and then logged into the settings page through my web browser.  It’s been fine all day, no problem logging in and out. Until tonight, just tried again and got the message “someone else is currently logged in to the settings page”.  So I stand by my original theory, it’s the hub, not the app.  😕

Strange, I've never had that problem, but then again I only ever use the VM Hub's as modems.  Perhaps this is the difference?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

I have never used the app and never had problems.

If you did a poll I bet the results would be

Used the app - had problems.

Not used the app - not had problems.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

Tankgirl
On our wavelength

Following the advice on here I deleted the app & have accessed the hub settings directly - worked a couple of times but now same error - any other suggestions?

25584C03-C7B1-4E15-A77C-6F2FDCA36750.png

I have just started having this problem today and simply cannot get into the hub.

I have never (ever) used the app. Only the browser.

I really do not want to pinhole reset as I have IP reservations set for my home network which are a real pain in the ass to setup as the hub kicks everyone off every time you make a DHCP reservation. If anyone has any advice to regain access to it (without wiping its configuration) I'd be very grateful. 

Hi I had the same issue.

i used a paper clip to use the “Reset” button in the hole at the back. 

in the Browser you get to change your Router password.

one it reboots you can enter your new password in the browser.

you’ll fail to log into the App, but if you change your password after hitting “Try Again” you’ll find the App works with no issues too 🙂

Tangerinetwirly
Joining in

Been having the same problem on & off since got our Hub3 too. Doesn't just affect the app tho, I also can't access the TV box to set up recordings etc when it happens. And often have little or no wifi on my phone. 

It's becoming a monumental pita. My husband works from home and is a gamer so it's not always OK to have to reset hub all the time as he's in middle of working or playing on online game as part of a team using ethernet without issue.

The Connect App seems to have more bugs than a tramps vest.

My advice ...

Uninstall the Connect App.

Reboot your phone.

Forget about the app.

Factory reset the Hub using this exact method ...

DO NOT DO THIS if the password on the base of the Hub is not legible or missing.

Instructions for Hub 3

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar and do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Once a steady white and no other lights are illuminated check your system again.

Save your sanity and health still forget about the Connect

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.