cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone else signed in to hub settings

mpa1
Tuning in

Hi, my Virgin Media app frequently says “looks like someone else is signed into your hub settings” when I try to see my devices on broadband. No-one else is signed in. I have to switch the Wifi on and off to get in but the same thing keeps happening. 
Any clues? 
thanks. 

69 REPLIES 69

Debbied30
Dialled in

Hi I am having the same problem. When I put the IP address into my browser, it says someone else is logged in and to try later. 
Who pray is the someone else here please? 

the same here,cant log in as someone is allready logged in,its stupid🤷🏼‍♂️

Cable tv customer since its inception in the 80,s.
Virgin 360 and mini box.maxit tv.350 broadband.
Playstation 55 inch lg tv and ceiling projector in bedroom..
Size 9 feet..
No criminal convictions.

I dont have a stream box because im not allowed to have 1..

Hello Dereklad,

Can you confirm whether you see this message in the App? What are you trying to do? I ask as if it's a bug in our App, we can feed this back however we wouldn't want you to be still stuck with trying to do what you was trying to do. Please let us know so we can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

Tankgirl
On our wavelength

Same message every time on the app - fed up with it now

C0504887-C5E0-49BD-944F-217DA209D24B.png

Hi Forum Team

i have had this problem for weeks, trouble shooted as per suggestions and nothing seems to work. 
I am trying to pause wifi to my kids devices and so it’s been very frustrating not being able to access the app because apparently someone else is signed in!! 

Hi all, sorry to hear of the app issues.

Please could you do a PIN reset on the router for me and then delete/re-install the app?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Gleefull
Tuning in

I’ve recently had Virgin installed and have the exact same issue. However, I’m not sure that the app is the problem here.  Like many others, I can’t access the hub settings from a browser either (same error message, someone else logged in when there isn’t). This would suggest to me that the glitch is with the Hub 3 and that it needs a software update. The only solution that appears to work for anyone (including me) is a hub reset, and this is only a temporary fix. VM - sort your hub out! 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gleefull wrote:

I’ve recently had Virgin installed and have the exact same issue. However, I’m not sure that the app is the problem here.  Like many others, I can’t access the hub settings from a browser either (same error message, someone else logged in when there isn’t). This would suggest to me that the glitch is with the Hub 3 and that it needs a software update. The only solution that appears to work for anyone (including me) is a hub reset, and this is only a temporary fix. VM - sort your hub out! 

Can't agree.  I never have this issue with my Hub 3, but I've never used the app. There are too many threads here on that app, that would point to the app rather than the Hub.  Best thing about the app is it can be uninstalled ....  😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Maybe the majority of complaints are about the app because that’s how most people try to access the hub settings.  If the app is the problem, why does resetting the hub temporarily fix it whilst reinstalling the app doesn’t? 😉

Tankgirl
On our wavelength

Did this but 2 days later back to same message again. For me this has been worse since installing the WiFi booster a couple of months ago