cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some websites not responding, IP address resolves to lang-sspiprxy.network.virginmedia.net

jpennycook
Up to speed

I can't access github.com and archive.org today.  If I look up their IP addresses, they both resolve to 81.99.162.48 which is lang-sspiprxy.network.virginmedia.net.  Both work if I use a different Internet connection.

I have run ipconfig /flushdns, so it's not a local problem

my.virginmedia.com is down (it redirects to https://my.virginmedia.com/holding/), so I can't check if this is due to the web filter (or even disable the web filter).

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Github works fine for me. Nave they blocked the i.p. for doing naughties 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

dabozuk
Fibre optic

Same, I can't access github today either. Has been working fine up until late last night. 

And I can access github fine from other networks/5g etc. Just virginmedia connection failing

jpennycook
Up to speed

my.virginmedia.com is working again, as are github.com and archive.org.  I assume this was related to the nationwide outage that was reported in the news today.