cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some devices disconnected (solved)

Hiyakker
On our wavelength

Had a weird issue here on hub 4 this week. I thought I would post it, as I suspect that I am not the only person this has affected.

There was a network outage that I think impacted a lot of people this week. For us this manifested as not being able to connect to any network services through the tv box (netflix/iplayer etc) by broadband continuing to work. 

After that outage a number of devices were refusing to connect to wifi. Not all, but some. Restarting devices and router didn't help.

What was happening was odd; Superhub had reset the network name for the 2.4ghz network only.  In the admin screen it showed that the name and password had been set to the factory default. Odd as we were still connected with our custom credentials on the 5ghz network. 

When I reset the network name to our custom name this was correctly applied to both networks, but at that point the factory default password was applied to both. Changing the password has not correctly set both networks. 

This feels like a software glitch in the hub that might affect others who use custom network names in some circumstances. Hopefully this  post might help someone in the future (or better still, get it on VMs radar as a bug report)

1 REPLY 1

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Hiyakker,

Thank you for taking the time to post this 🙂 

I am sorry you have been having some issues, is everything looking okay now ?

Zoie