cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet works, wifi doesn't, 192.168.0.1 is really slow

eempc
On our wavelength

My SuperHub 3 has a solid yellow light.

I can connect fine on Ethernet. I can't connect my phone or laptop via WiFi, I can't even see the SSID being broadcast.

192.168.0.1 takes forever to do anything. It took me over 10 minutes just to get to the settings page https://192.168.0.1/?wifi_radio&mid=WirelessSignal

Altering the settings on that page has done nothing, I've enabled both 2.4 GHz  and 5 GHz but I still can't find the WiFi network broadcast. I don't think it even worked. Trying to go back to that page to confirm the settings seems to fail, just endless load screen.

I have tried to connect to the network manually but it appears it does not exist

I have pressed the factory reset button with a pen.

I have rebooted the modem countless times.

Is this because I unplugged the modem for 5 hours today?

What else can I do to try to get the Wireless part to work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

eempc
On our wavelength

After about 6 hours trying to fix the wifi, it has started working again for no apparent reason other than doing a simple standard reset for the 10th time. Maybe it takes this long to "reboot" the modem after being without power for an extended amount of time, who knows.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

unplugging the hub should have no effect on the wifi - you say you pressed the reset button but for how long - hold it for at least 30 sec - a minute if you want and time it dont guess

see if that helps

Tony.
Sacked VIP

eempc
On our wavelength

I pressed it for a good while until the light started blinking and the modem started rebooting or whatever.

Just got off the phone and they said a solid yellow light means it is still rebooting.

If it doesn't fix itself in a few hours they said to call back then.

Is it actually “yellow” or “off-white”?

The hubs LED’s are known to go a yellow-ish colour after being online for so long - cheap materials. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

eempc
On our wavelength
I looked at it in the dark, and it is yellow, maybe slightly orange.

192.168.0.1 no longer works now.

@eempc wrote:
I looked at it in the dark, and it is yellow, maybe slightly orange.

192.168.0.1 no longer works now.

Does 192.168.100.1 work?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

eempc
On our wavelength

192.168.100.1 doesn't load anything in browser. What's it supposed to be the IP address for? The only thing that's connected is my single computer on 192.168.0.34 via ethernet.

eempc
On our wavelength

After about 6 hours trying to fix the wifi, it has started working again for no apparent reason other than doing a simple standard reset for the 10th time. Maybe it takes this long to "reboot" the modem after being without power for an extended amount of time, who knows.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @eempc,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing some issues with your Hub and your services recently! I understand that this can be very frustrating.

I'm glad to hear that the issue was finally resolved and that your services went back to normal.

If you come across this issue again and require further help, please post on these Forums again and we will be more than happy to look into this for you.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs