cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid red light

mogunremi
Tuning in

I have noticed a solid red light for a few days on the hub so called VM this am thought the interenet is working fine. They said they found no issues so are charging me £25 to come and change it (as it must be damaged ie, my fault!). It's been in the same place since it arrived, is upright and has plenty of space around it.  I asked if it was ok to use it until the engineer comes out (23rd of the month) and they said yes, no problem. I have read it could mean it's overheating so is it really ok to use it for another few weeks?  The lady said she had checked her side and said it wasn't overheating on her check so should this reassure me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jhuk
Trouble shooter
12 REPLIES 12

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Usual customer services rubbish. You probably need the hub replacing. Turn it off for half an hour and then on again, if the LED is still red it will need replacing. A VM staff member will get to your post shortly.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks Tudor. I turned it off last night and on again this morning and it's still on solid red.

Hi @mogunremi

Thanks for posting. The charge isn't for that, the system states a damaged external cable.

The red light needs a tech so will send you a PM now.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks John. PM sent.

Hi mogunremi

Thanks for joining me on PM. I have booked in the technician for the red light. This will be viewable in your online account - virg.in/myVM - for you to be able to track and amend if needed. 

I've also emailed the field manager for your area regarding this, as you do have an SNR (signal to noise ratio) issue. F010002066 - this is the fault reference number. 8th August is the estimated fix date.

The other tech visit is for the cabling, so it's a different tech than the red light.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

jhuk
Trouble shooter

It would help if the OP had stated what HUB it is as RED is not the same issue on the 3 or 4 (not sure on 5 as not seen error codes yet).

Hub 3

jhuk
Trouble shooter

Overheating!

I've been told it's not overheating (from a check they did their side) but I'm turning it off anyway at night time just in case. The tech is coming out Tuesday.