cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid red light

Solom7011
Joining in

Hi I have a solid red light on Hub 3. Contacted virgin to be told it is due to connection settling down. The light I mentioned is regarding overheating. The hun is cool to touch and tried all advice offered 

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Assuming you don't have the hub 3 in modem mode a red light is not good. Try a 30 second pinhole reset of the hub with no ethernet connection. Failing that switch it off for half an hour and switch it back on again. If still red you will need a new hub via the VM forum team and may wish to keep it well ventilated and unplug it overnight. 

Not in modem mode and tried all suggested fixes, no joy. Need help on this one 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM will contact you tomorrow morning.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Solom7011, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

Our apologies for the connection issues you are experiencing and for the concern caused by the red light on the Hub. 

As you are not in modem mode, the red light could be an indication that the equipment is experiencing some over heating issues that will need to be addressed. 

I will need to arrange for a technician to visit and investigate further so I am going to pop you over a private message to grab a few more details. In the meantime, please ensure your equipment is in an open, well ventilated space, also powered off over night and when the property is unattended 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for joining me on private message Solom7011. 

I am very happy we have been able to get this sorted for you but do please get in touch if you have any questions or require any further assistance in the future. 

Take care, 

Nat

Hi. Engineer came out and advised all looks good even though the hub light is still red. Everything I read about this light is overheating and am concerned. Surely the safest option is to replace the hub? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like you need a visit from a different VM engineer who has passed the hub led light course. Keep the hub well ventilated and I will highlight the thread. 

Solom7011
Joining in

This morning I woke up to find hub light had gone from solid red to orange. The internet does work and I am not in modem mode. VM please can the hub be changed