cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid red light on my router even after reset

DaiBowen
Joining in

Hi, I have a solid red light on my router. I have cleared space all around d it to keep it cool and after that not working, I have reset it using the button on the back. The red light is still on. What is the next step?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

g0akc
Problem sorter

Wait here for a forum rep or call VM

likely need a new hub

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi DaiBowen, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I appreciate you letting us know what you have attempted already - just to confirm, are there any issues with your services at the moment or is the hubs light just red? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi,

No issue with the service as yet so it is just that the light remains red. I have made sure that there is nothing obstructing the hub so it won't over heat and, 2 nights ago, I reset the hub but the light has stayed a constant red.

Thank you

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey DaiBowen,

Thanks for posting here on our community forum 🙂

Sorry to see you have a red light on the hub and it comes back after rebooting and re-setting it.
I will be able to help, so I can do this for you I will send you a PM now.

Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope.
Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

That's brill, I can view the account now David 🙂

I have ran the necessary checks and based on the info you gave since the light is coming back red we will have to get the hub replaced.
To do this, I will book you in for a technician visit now - Could you please advise if you can be at home to send someone for this today between 4pm and 7pm?

Let me know if this suits you or I can check for future dates based on your availability - thanks 🙂

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs