cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid red light on hub

Maxine24
Joining in

Hi

The light on Hub went red last night.  I called cust services and was told overheating problem so to switch of for period of time.  Switched off overnight, but red line back as soon as switched on again this morning. Called cust services again -  different advice, told all ok not to worry about the light but that I might have too many things connected. I have laptop, Tivo Box and phone connected.  The info for M100 Fibre says between 5-9 devices. Explained to agent that online info says hub should be changed, but this was declined as they could see no problem their end after running checks.  Advised Hub can only be changed if they can see issues their end.  Explained different advice from last night, but was basically told she knew what she was doing!

Can anyone advise if this is ok or not?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Maxine24, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm very sorry to hear you're having some issues with your Hub displaying a red light. Just to double check, is the Hub currently in modem mode? If so then the light will be a magenta colour but can look quite red. This is perfectly normal. If it's not then please follow the below steps: 

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.
  • Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.
  • Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.

If the issue remains, pop back here and let us know. We can then either arrange a replacement or an engineer to visit to swap out the Hub. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath

thank for replying. I haven’t put in modem mode and have tried the switch off and reset options but the red light has been there about a week now. It hasn’t returned to white at all during this time. 

thank you

Maxine

Hi @Maxine24 thanks for getting back to us.

I would love to help you resolve your concerns regarding the red light on your hub.  I am going to send you a private message to confirm some details.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @Maxine24

Thanks for getting back to me privately and confirming your details.  I have booked the first available technician to attend your property.  You can view and amend the appointment here.

Regards

Lee_R

Thank you

Hi Maxine24, 

No worries at all. Please pop back here and let us know how the engineer visit goes and if you need any further support, you know where we are 🙂 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs