cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid red light on Hub 3.0

Geoffridgway
Joining in

I've seen a lot of posts on here regarding solid red light on Hub 3.0.

Mine has been on for a few months now and I have done all the usual stuff i.e reset, reboot.

I rang virgin a few weeks ago and they basically fobbed me off saying it was fine.

I am getting concerned as I have seen people saying it's an overheating problem.  There is plenty of space around the router so its obviously a faulty Hub.  As you can imagine I'm worried incased it catches fire.

Has anyone had any look regarding this issue i.e getting a replacement Hub.

Can anyone from Virgin please assist me.

Thanks

Geoff

4 REPLIES 4

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there Geoffridgway, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you are having issues with the red light showing on the hub. Can you please do the following:

-Turn the power switch off on the back of the hub
-Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight
-Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally

If you still see the red light on the hub after doing this please let us know so we can assist further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan

I have tried all these options before with no success

Thanks for coming back to us Geoffridgway,

If the light is still red, and for safety reasons, we will get this hub changed over for you. I will pop you over a private message to take some details, please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Geoffridgway,

Thank you for joining me in a private chat and for clearing security, as advised I have booked a technician due to the Red light still showing after doing all the check and carrying out a Pin Reset on the Hub.

You can manage the appointment Via your Online Account, if you do need and further help, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.