cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid red light hub 3.0

Anamaroe
Tuning in

I have noticed our signal dropping off intermittently for a few weeks. Our network is prone to periods of poor service but the light on the hub has also been solid red for a few weeks. I've rebooted, reset and tried all the self help test via the virgin app and nothing has worked. The hub is sitting on top of a sideboard in our biggest room, away from a window. Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please turn off the hub, leave for half an hour and turn on. If the LED remains red the hub will need replacing. A VM staff member should get to your post early tomorrow morning. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Anamaroe, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to see the issue with the hub light being red.
Can you confirm if the hub is in a well ventilated spot and not overheating.
Can you confirm for me that you have taken out all the cables and placed them back in then rebooted the VM hub?

Let us know and we can go on from there.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I have tried to do all this, leaving it turned off for half and hour and removing the cables. When I plug it in and turn it on it has reverted to a solid red light. Thanks for your input.

It is sitting in a well ventilated area, where it has sat for many years. I can feel warmth from the top of the hub when I touch it, although not burning hot.

Thanks for coming back to us @Anamaroe.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

You're very welcome @Anamaroe and please let us know how the visit goes. ^SL