cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid red light Hub 4

MikeJ57
Joining in

I just received my Hub 4. Connected it up but it has a solid red light. Rebooted and reset several times but with the same result. The solid red light. I've checked all connections and they are okay. Now had to reconnect the old Hub to get access to the Internet. 

Any clues as to what's going on?

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If the old Hub works and the new one doesn't, then the new one has not yet been activated onto your account.

Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the serial number/MAC address off the barcode sticker and also your account number, Call at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) for the best chance of getting through quickly.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MikeJ57

Welcome to the Community and thank you for getting in touch. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with setting up your new equipment. 

As Jbrennand has advised, the new equipment will need activating in order to work. Instruction on how to do this should have been supplied with the quickstart pack. 

Can you please let us know if you have been able to speak to the team to arrange the activation or if you still require assistance? 

Let us know and we will be happy to assist further. 

Thanks 

Nat

The problem has now been resolved. It did take 3 phone calls to get it sorted but it's working fine now.

HI MikeJ57, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you were having issues with the Hub and this is not the experience we want you to have with us. I am glad to hear that you have now managed to get this resolved. ^Chris.