cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid orange light on hub 3

Mikelen
Joining in

Hi there, I see that there are other reports of a solid orange light suddenly showing on the virgin hub. We are now getting this. I have reset the hub several times now. We still seem to have wifi for other devices although it has been more unpredictable in the last week or so. And the tivo box does not connect to Wifi ( there are red arrows and a red wifi symbol on the front) . Can someone from Virgin please advise what we need to do- other people with a similar issue have needed a new hub it seems. Thanks in advance, Mike

6 REPLIES 6

Portery
Fibre optic

Orange light

short term network issue that could cause degradation or an intermittent service. If you have had the issue longer than 24hrs I’d contact the faults team

Test broadband

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/virgin-media-wifi-not-working?_gl=1*gfwhlb*_ga*MTQ2OTI5ND...

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Although the LED on a hub3 should be white the cheap LEDs used can be anything from white, to yellow, to orange. It will have no bearing on any other problems, you need to look elsewhere. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks for the replies so far. It seems too much of a coincidence that it was a solid white light for so long but now we are having issues and the light has changed? However if that is the case I'm still none the wiser what to do to resolve it having done a reset/turned off and on etc? It does seem from other peoples issues that it has been a hardware issue?

Thanks Portery, how do i contact the faults team? Cheers, Mike

Hi Mikelen, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on bored with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with an orange light on your hub, and an issue with the WiFi connection. 

Checking things this end, all is looking well in terms of the power levels however the signal levels are looking a little out. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Mikelen, 

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available engineer appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit after 24 hours have passed, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
  • The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment, you can do this online or via the My VM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

We will continue to monitor your services and if we can see that the fault has cleared and the visit is no longer required we will cancel the appointment and let you know by text and email. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs