cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Red light on Hub3

Sammianni
Tuning in

Hi, Yesterday a solid red light appeared on my Hub 3.

I have followed all instructions but doesn't seem to have improved.

My connection is still fine but never had this red light before. It's been in the same spot for the past 3years so nothing as interfered or changed.

Any other advice on what it could be?

11 REPLIES 11

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post up a photo of the "red" light - the LED's often fage to orange or purple.

Is the Hub getting hot (that is what the red light signifies)?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Sammianni,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're currently seeing a red light on your Hub. Can you please try the following:

- Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.
- Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.
- Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally and the red light should be gone.

If possible as well, can you please provide answers to the questions asked by @jbrennand. Please let me know how you get on with the instructions above.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

20220629_171447.jpg

Hello, I've tried all that already. 

Thank you for your reply.

Hi,

I am also having the same issue. A constant red light on my modem. I've tried rebooting it. Turning it off at the wall and leaving it for 5 minutes.

My internet service is working but the red light won't go away.

Any help?

@jbrennand

No the hub isn't hot i posted a picture aswell, Sorry I'm new to this forum.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Then post a new thread

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Why would i need to post a new thread? 

I have posted this one.

Im still looking for advice on the red light as stated in my first post. I answered your questions. It hasn't really got me any further to knowing what it is or what to do about it. 

Sammianni
Tuning in

Hello, i made a posted yesterday about my hub 3 but didn't get anywhere with it. So im going to try again as I'm struggling to get in touch with anyone.

My hub 3 as had a solid red light on for 3 days now. I have followed all instructions on switching off/on but it remains on.

It isn't overheating so i thought maybe another fault with the hub? Not sure.

Is there anyone who could advise me on what i should do please? 

Thanks

20220629_171447.jpg