cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Red light Hub 3

Fran9
Tuning in

Can someone help?  solid red light on for the last few days,  not over heating and no connection issues.  Switched on/off reset etc.  

14 REPLIES 14

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is now the the preferred procedure for dealing with this issue.

First ensure that the Hub is in normal router mode and not in modem mode where the light is "magenta" which looks red in some lights...

Then turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub and unplug for 5'..
Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.
Then plug in and use the power switch to turn the unit back on.
If the Hub does not boot up, or boots back up and the red base light persists, swap the unit.

Follow this and report back here

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for replying,  yes tried all you suggested yesterday still have the solid red light 

Hi Fran9

Thanks for posting. So sorry about the red light. One more check. Please can you do full factory reset of the hub (ignore where it says for 10 seconds, do it for 60)

It should boot up after 7/10 minutes. Let me know if that fixes it or not.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Ok thanks ,  my husband is working at the moment so I will do the reset tomorrow and let you know.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

in the mean time you should take the red light for what it is - a warning that the hub is over heating - so it would be prudent to turn it off at night and if you are not in the house - its likely a faulty led or the circuit controlling it but the red light indication is there for a good reason

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi Fran9. 

Would you be able to do the following for us in the meantime?. 

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.
  • Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.
  • Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally
  • If the Hub does not boot up, or boots back up and the red base light persists, please let us know as soon as you can in case an engineer is required to replace the Hub.

Thanks 

Chris. 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Chris_W1 wrote:

Hi Fran9. 

Would you be able to do the following for us in the meantime?. 

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.
  • Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.
  • Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally

Thanks 

Chris. 

and if it does not and still shows a red light - what then - that advice seems to be missing

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks,  just tried this and switched back on,  still have the solid red light 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Fran9 wrote:

Thanks,  just tried this and switched back on,  still have the solid red light 

then it needs changing 

@Chris_W1 @ModTeam 

Tony.
Sacked VIP