cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Red Power LED on Superhub 3

Sheepasleep
On our wavelength

I don’t seem to have any problem with my upload or download speed, but I’ve noticed in the last couple of days that my Superhub 3 power LED has changed from white to solid red, which I believe indicates an overheating issue?

The hub is certainly quite warm, but I don’t know if I’d call it hot. It’s on a table as ventilated as I can get it, given that the engineer cut the coax cable to it too short when he visited 2-3 months back and the router was relocated from upstairs to downstairs because I was told that the phone line now needed to connect into it as well.

I don’t know if this is just being caused by the warmer weather (it’s 28.5C in the house at the moment), or if the red LED indicates a more serious issue.

Should I just ignore this if my connection speeds seem okay?

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please turn off the hub for half an hour and then turn on again. Of the red LED persists the hub will need replacing. A VM staff member will get to your post soon.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Sheepasleep
On our wavelength

Thank you. Unfortunately that’s made no difference.

Connection speeds still look fine but I’ve got a solid red light power LED still.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sheepasleep,

Thank you for your post and updating us with regards to the hub light. 

We will need to get this replaced for you. 

I will private message you to confirm some details. 

^Martin

Hi Martin, I DM’d you 8 hours ago but haven’t had a reply.

I assume the hub is safe to use in the meantime?