cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Red Light Hub 3.0

Tiddybrook82
Joining in

Hi.

When I came home I noticed almost right away that the light on my router was solid red where as before it had been solid orange (I read that solid orange is not a colour option, but it certainly was a light solid orange) I ran speed checks using speedtest.net app both through my phone handset (5ghz connection) and initially it gave me 37mbps on a 200mbps line. After the switch on/off it bounced up to 115mbps, then dropped down to 38mbps on the 3rd test. It's now unsettled and one test gives me 223mbps testing through my laptop the next gives me 110mbps.

I have read through other forums postings about this same issue and note that it would appear to be due to the Hub either overheating or thinking it is due to a faulty sensor or perhaps a fault with the actual LED itself. My Hub does not feel overly hot to touch, just the usual slight warmth that most electronic devices put out. It is situated in an area where it has fresh air all around and is not cluttered in amongst things that could prevent air flowing around it.

I spoke with CS who ran line checks etc and confirmed the area is not suffering any outtages or reported problems. But having read about this potentially being an overheating issue I'm not that happy to just let this lie (or potentially the LED not functioning properly meaning I wouldn't even know if it was genuinely overheating)

Please help!

I have switched off and on again, done a pin reset

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Tiddybrook82,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so we could have a closer look at what's going on.

As discussed, I've arranged for a technician visit to investigate this issue further. I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly, but you can check and manage/reschedule the appointment via your My Virgin Media online account if needed.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Tiddybrook82
Joining in

I just noticed i did't finish my last sentence.

I've switched off and on again and done a pin reset as well but the light is still coming on a staying solid red.

Hi @Tiddybrook82,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear about the problems you're facing with your broadband connection recently, and also the red light that's appearing on your router. It's unfortunate that a reboot of the router hasn't helped to resolve the issue.

I'm going to send you a private message in a moment so we can take some extra details to get this addressed. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @Tiddybrook82,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so we could have a closer look at what's going on.

As discussed, I've arranged for a technician visit to investigate this issue further. I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly, but you can check and manage/reschedule the appointment via your My Virgin Media online account if needed.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team