cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Red Base Light on Hub 3

Stu52
Joining in

My hub 3 light turned red a couple of weeks ago. Internet and WiFi mainly fine.  I rang Virgin and explained. Was advised that someone would monitor my hub for a 24 hour period and then call me back (I clarified this explicitly in the call).  No-one did call me.  The light is still permanently red and WiFi / internet have dropped out since. No wifi / internet lights showing when this happens.  I have turned off/ hard rebooted several times and the red light remains. So far the internet and WiFi have recommenced when I have rebooted.

So similar to a number of other people on this forum who have had exactly the same issue their it would appear very clear that what is really needed is a replacement.

I would like a replacement. 

I would like someone from Virgin who can do this to notify me on here or on my other contact details that they already have.

3 REPLIES 3

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Stu52,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, we love having you here! 🙂

I'm very sorry to hear that you did not receive a call back after being promised this - this is not the service we aim to provide for our customers and I am very sorry. I understand that your Hub is showing on ongoing red light on the bottom of the Hub. You are correct, this would need to be looked at closer by a technician who will most likely replace the Hub.

A red light on the Hub could mean that there is an internal fault, or could mean overheating. If your Hub is hot to the touch, please unplug it from the mains as this could be a potential fire hazard.

I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details and have a technician appointment arranged. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Stu52

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for your red Hub light issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Stu52,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message. I have re-scheduled your appointment to your first suggestion, as requested. You can view and manage your appointment through your online account.

Your online account can take up to 24 hours to update with this information.

Please keep us updated on how you get on with your appointment and if you need any further help moving forward. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team