cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Green Power Light & Flashing Green Internet Light | Super Hub 3.0

BarryBlack
Joining in

Hi all,

I’m hoping someone can help me here as I don’t want to be without internet for the whole weekend.

I’ve been having issues over the past few days with the Super Hub. Internet would cut out completely and would show a solid green power light and the internet light would flash green.

Usually I could just reset the Super Hub and it would come back within 10 mins.

I’ve had a look online but can’t see anyone with the same issue as this. Nor does the support section of Virgin Media list an example issue with the lights in this combination.

I have booked an engineer to come out and take a look at the issue on Monday but thought I would check with the community to see if anyone has experienced similar and whether they found a fix.

Please, any advice you can give would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You say "superhub" what SH model do you have - or is it a Hub3/4?

All you can do is check to see if there are known issues. If there are and they are working on a fix it could come back quicker but if its just you with a fault then its down to a Tech visit to sort it.

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for replying John.

I did mention it was the Super Hub 3.0 in the title.

Unfortunately it’s only an issue that is affecting me. No issues with network outages in the area.

I was just hopeful someone else might have the same problem as me and find out how it was resolved but it looks like I may just have to wait for the engineer.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Note to self.... read the post title 🙂

All you can do is try the pinhole reset again - hold the pin in firmly for a full 60 seconds with Hub switched on through out and dont switch it off afterwards.  Also do a quick check that all of your coax cable connections are in nice and "finger" tight - at the Hub and wall box and also at any connectors etc. Ensure there are no “unterminated cable loose ends. Disconnect all the connections and reconnect to be sure. Also check that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing, check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box. 

You could post up the Hub stats (downstream, upstream, network logs) which might reveal where the issue is but its likely that only a VM tech can fix it - but worth posting here to see

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It’s all good 😊 I probably should have reiterated in the post!

Is the pinhole a factory reset? It’s a good point, I haven’t tried that yet. Only turning it off and on again several times.

I’ll give it a go now and report back. 

The connection to the Hub is super secure. Though when I tried the connection out of the wall it did feel a little loose but weirdly I couldn’t tighten it anymore so I wonder if it’s some sort of fault within the box itself or maybe the cable? 

I’m not sure how to post the Hub stats. Any guidance on how to do it?

Tried the reset button and didn’t solve the issue sadly. It has caused another light to appear though. 

Alongside the solid green power light and flashing green internet light, there’s now a solid green WiFi light. No idea what that means.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Note that a pinhole reset on a Hub3 can be a bit problematic - so do it (again) EXACTLY this way (not as the VM website says!).

With the Hub switched "on", disconnect any ethernet connections and then push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail/SIM tray “tool” or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT manually restart the Hub at any time. Leave it 10' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings/admin one to access the Hub (it is a six digit numeric one).
See if that sorts it.
_______________________________Stats______________

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before unless you have the New Hub4 when you do] click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle of first page up and then copy/paste as “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 pages from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again.

--------------------
John
--------------------