Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software download via nms

Johanbrown
Tuning in

Hello.

please can someone clarify what this means please

BC34A7E6-15EE-46D6-9C60-5593E665721D.png

  Google search says nms is network management system .

I do not think I have one of them???

thanks

johan 

5 REPLIES 5

I’ve had the same and just come off the phone to virgin media tech support.

constant drop outs since the update 

What concerned me was the fact there was no reference to what the software update was. If a firmware update is done by vm it states a file code or something that can be referenced back to vm 

VM are not aware of any software updates being undertaken/ issued. This worries me.

The fact exactly the same scenario has been experienced by others puts my mind at  ease a little but does not explain who / what / why something was down loaded onto the hub.

I’ve had nearly 2 years of hell due to fraud and privacy crime. Still ongoing. Things like this where no answers can be offered, only reset the kit adds to my ongoing torment and need to question .

Johanbrown
Tuning in

there are a couple of other similar posts to mine on this forum.

My reply to a similar thread was as follows :

I’ve had the same and just come off the phone to virgin media tech support.

constant drop outs since the update 

What concerned me was the fact there was no reference to what the software update was. If a firmware update is done by vm it states a file code or something that can be referenced back to vm 

VM are not aware of any software updates being undertaken/ issued. This worries me.

The fact exactly the same scenario has been experienced by others puts my mind at  ease a little but does not explain who / what / why something was down loaded onto the hub.

I’ve had nearly 2 years of hell due to fraud and privacy crime. Still ongoing. Things like this where no answers can be offered, only reset the kit adds to my ongoing torment and need to question .”

i have completed the hard reset 30 seconds pin hole button press as told to by VM technical.

I’ve reset passwords etc. 

the network log shows all items from the last week still. As if the hard reset has not been completed. 
it also shows this in the log now…..

72A50677-8054-4B74-919C-E6D90E0321D3.png

“SW download successful - via config file. “

Not via NMS

surely the hard reset wipes the history. In the past the dozens of times I’ve reset, the log is refreshed to nothing.

my knowledge is limited, hence why I ask the helpful members of this forum. All i do is identify anomalies and ask why. All resets on the past delete the network activity log. It has  it been deleted in this instance so o wonder why not.

thanks 

paul0363
Rising star

@Johanbrown wrote:

Hello.

please can someone clarify what this means please

BC34A7E6-15EE-46D6-9C60-5593E665721D.png

  Google search says nms is network management system .

I do not think I have one of them???

thanks

johan 

It's your hub downloading a firmware update from VM's NMS.

Thanks .

Why is the network log not deleted following the hard reset 

I've no idea TBH.  Have you tried starting a hard resest from the GUI and seeing if that clears the logs?

I've never known a firmware update to clear the logs (if that's what you're asking) but a reset from the GUI *normally* does.

Log into the hub and navigate to Admin>Reload&Reboot and then "Restore Default".