cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So many inconsistencies, need to rant!

FluxMarsh
Joining in

The Hub 3 is such a frustrating piece of crap. Why, can't VM post proper reset instructions anywhere publically? Why does resetting the Hub 3.0 lead to creating your own password, directing you then back to the login page, to then advise you that "someone else is still logged into your router" ergo blocking the only user who wants to access from actually accessing it and tuning their setting to their needs? And it's glaringly obvious wifi a nest system is offered to improve wifi coverage, even if they try and scam a premium for something that's supposed to be included in the package (you know, a usable wifi connection!)

It's bad enough I keep getting lied to by customer services (pretty sure this O2 merger has put maxed out capacity and is causing them all more stress!) and it takes an hour to ensure any human actually understands the nature of the issue (longer if they repeatedly try and sell you something that's already included in your package; see Volt benefits and try and actually get an honest response, with confirmation without giving yourself a migraine. I dare you!).

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Most ISP Routers will not give full house coverage, as it's impossible to predict the wifi problems.  VM have the Pods, BT have their disks and Sky have their mini boxes.  It's just the way wifi works, and perhaps user expectations are set too high?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Twyst
On our wavelength

User expectations are only set so high because of how the ISPs market their products. They only have themselves to blame!

I, for one, am hoping with the Hub5 I can my USG router. And if the Wifi6 it has isn't man enough then I will have to keep my existing unifi wireless in place. Maybe I'll need it anyway as I need to bounce a mesh up for my ChromeCast on my bedroom TV. Sadly I didn't have the foresight that I could play games via my Chomecast on stadia, otherwise I would have wired ethernet upto the bedrooms when we re-plastered the house.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
VM Hubs (and others) come from "Poundshop" for mass roll-out. >95% of customers get on with them fine (my pal thinks the Hub4 is the best router on the planet) so there is no economic imperative for the VM Marketing Department to insist they supply better (more expensive) Hubs to all 5.5m customers.

They do however, now supply Pods to improve the Hub's puny wifi for those with wifi issues - these are free to some customers but £5/month to others BT charge £10/mo). However, even then, there is no escaping the buggy firmware and lousy capabilities of the Hubs.....

.... That is... unless you put it into modem mode and use your own router and wireless equipment and then you will sleep more easily. Around £40-140 sorts it forever for most "average" users in "average" properties.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.