cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartThings Station (hub) and Hub 5

themainliner
Joining in

I've got the new SmartThings Station (hub) and I can't connect through my Hub 5 from the SmartThings app on my Samsung phone. I cannot connect to Wi-Fi with the phone fine. I can connect tablets and laptops to the Hub Wi-Fi, it only appears to be the SmartThings Station that is causing issues. The Station is underneath the phone and both are a metre from the Hub 5.

Open to troubleshooting suggestions and/or AP suggestion (I read that an N300(?) works in this role).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The new Hub 5 ax wifi 6 protocol seems to be causing issues for some, mainly older, IoT devices.  It has been noted the TP-LINK RE450 AC1750 Buy TP-Link AC1750 Dual Band Wi-Fi Range Extender & Booster | Wi-Fi boosters | Argos seems to work, in that is can connect to the Hub 5 and also older IoT devices, so acting as a "bridge" between the two wifi protocols.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The new Hub 5 ax wifi 6 protocol seems to be causing issues for some, mainly older, IoT devices.  It has been noted the TP-LINK RE450 AC1750 Buy TP-Link AC1750 Dual Band Wi-Fi Range Extender & Booster | Wi-Fi boosters | Argos seems to work, in that is can connect to the Hub 5 and also older IoT devices, so acting as a "bridge" between the two wifi protocols.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

You should of got a better router

---------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps you'd like to suggest one as I'm only using the one my ISP sent me at this point smart guy. Also, it's "should've"...

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I know nothing about the Samsung box you have   But a new router or Mesh from a reputable networking company would almost certainly solve all the issues.  We can recommend many but it rather depends on several factors - size/layout/build of property, what features do you want (wifi6, etc), Mesh capable, and of course budget.

Look at offerings from TP-Link, Asus, Netgear, etc.

£40-100 will get a good introductory  model (below) whilst pay more for top end gear or a Mesh..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Archer-C6-Wireless-Supports-Parental/dp/B07L5YRYF4/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-OneMeshTM-HomeShield-Archer-AX72/dp/B09VPTT9GY/

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.