cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart bulb

Aaronjay23
On our wavelength

I bought myself a smart light bulb and it doesn’t seem to be able to connect to my WiFi, looked this up and it’s due to it only connecting to a 2.4ghz router but mines a dual 2.4 and 5ghz, is there a way of changing this to only 2.4ghz only?

tried typing my IP address on a URL and it comes up with server not reached, not able to do it that way. Any help please?

12 REPLIES 12

I’m on hub 3, found it all, only options it gives me is to disable 2.4 or disable 5 and I tried disabling 5 and connecting the bulb but still not working, will try again after work later, do you think disabling channel optimisation will help?

It sounds like a fault with the bulb in that case.

You shouldn't need to disable 5Ghz to set up a device that doesn't support that band. The device can't see the 5Ghz network regardless of whether it is enabled or disabled, so it makes no difference. As long as 2.4Ghz is enabled it will see that instead.

Hi,

I have renamed my two bandwidths as instructed in order to use my smart bulb, it worked fine before I moved to Virgin. I have had to rejoin the networks and choose either of the two that I renamed for each device. Does it matter which one I choose? Should I split devices over the two to try and balance how much is used on each one in order to maintain speed etc? Sorry if they are dumb questions but it kinda looks like I have two wifi networks now so I just wanted to check the best way to maintain the speedy Virgin service which has been so much better for streaming on my firestick. Thanks!