cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart bulb

Aaronjay23
On our wavelength

I bought myself a smart light bulb and it doesn’t seem to be able to connect to my WiFi, looked this up and it’s due to it only connecting to a 2.4ghz router but mines a dual 2.4 and 5ghz, is there a way of changing this to only 2.4ghz only?

tried typing my IP address on a URL and it comes up with server not reached, not able to do it that way. Any help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

g0akc
Problem sorter

@Aaronjay23 wrote:

tried typing my IP address on a URL and it comes up with server not reached, not able to do it that way. Any help please?

What IP address were you using?

Preferably use a wired connection, with a laptop or PC and go to http://192.168.0.1/

If you still can't reach that page, which is the hubs GUI, to login try rebooting the hub and try again after say 10 mins.   

You will need the admin password which is printed/sticker on the hub.   It's NOT the Wi-Fi password.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

stabilo00
Fibre optic
Log into the router and give the 2.4 a different name and save. Both bands will then be visable.

Eeeps
Well-informed

I assume you are trying to setup the bulb by using a mobile phone app?

In this case the mobile phone you are using must be connected to the 2.4 band during the setup.

As suggested you can do this by changing the name of the 2.4 band on the router.
The alternative is to disable the 5GHz band during the setup process.

Once it's working you can reenable the 5GHz band again.

g0akc
Problem sorter

@Aaronjay23 wrote:

What IP address were you using?

Preferably use a wired connection, with a laptop or PC and go to http://192.168.0.1/

If you still can't reach that page, which is the hubs GUI, to login try rebooting the hub and try again after say 10 mins.   

You will need the admin password which is printed/sticker on the hub.   It's NOT the Wi-Fi password.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Unable to log into router, type in my IP in a url and it comes up with server cannot be reached

Aaronjay23
On our wavelength

Unable to do this unfortunately

@Aaronjay23 wrote:

Unable to log into router, type in my IP in a url and it comes up with server cannot be reached

I’m not clear what you mean by this.  What IP did you type in?

Can you just use the link I provided earlier and again below  - does that work?

http://192.168.0.1

@Aaronjay23 wrote:

Unable to do this unfortunately

Unable to do what?

Aaronjay23
On our wavelength

Able to log into this, how do I now change the 5ghz to 2.4ghz? Thank you!

Advanced -> wireless-> security

give the 2.4 and 5ghz bands different names

whilst you’re there, disable channel optimisation in advanced wireless smart WiFi...