Since January this year I've had issues with my wifi. At first I was told there's a fault in the area wait until its fixed and all will be good. I waited and waited and still the same speeds and drop outs. So now I've been sent the super hub 3. Today I install and activate to find my speeds are now even slower then before. I've changed channels etc and still nothing changes. On my first speedtest after install I was hitting over 100mb at peeks time. Then a few hours later it's back down to below 10mbs and sometimes below 1mbs. I've spoken to tech from van and they say" we don't guarantee your wifi speeds "
Anyone have ideas on what I can do? My neighbour is getting almost full speeds over his wifi so it's not a problem in the area.
Thanks Kath, I have done this and I too seem to be getting very poor connection speeds on 5Ghz wifi. I have a samsung galaxy s6 edge+ which can run at 900Mb on 5Ghz, but even if i'm 2 feet away, my speeds are so slow, I end up using my mobile data and this is way faster...
Using speedtest on my phone i get 23Mb on wifi, 61Mb on 4g.
I also notised that the software version on my hub 3.0 has recently changed, so has there been a firmware update recently? If so, I think this may have done something to annoy the wifi config's, as my speed up untill 12th deceember was fine on wifi.
I also would like to add, that ethernet speeds are normal, so it's not the external network at fault here and I can stream anything from my pc on plex to my phone, IF i'm using my mobile data. If using wifi, it buffers and skips audio segments, whixh is very strange as it's within my OWN internal home network...
Is there an issue here or are we just 'unlucky'? Would be nice to know...
I have the same issue witht he WIFI on hub3. I have been running speedtest on my samsung S6 Edge and it is showing 35Mbps while I have 200Mpbs subscription.
I have done some test and concluded the issue with with HUB and not my device or house.
1. I have chekced the channel setting and the wifi speed recover to maximum (200Mpbs) for a short period of time before reverting back to slow speed.
2. I perform a hardware reset ont he hub and had maximum speed of 200Mbps for 24 hours before it revert back to slow speed again.
I have been doing more research on this and it seems the problem is with INTEL chipset in the hub3 that are subjected to a BUG. here is my findings:-
Broadband routers that make use of Intel’s Puma 6 chipset, such as the one inside of Virgin Media’s latest SuperHub 3 cable router, appear to suffer from a nasty bug that causes latency spikes and packet loss. But don’t worry, a firmware update is coming.
Various models of router make use of Puma 6, such as the Arris Surfboard SB6190, the Hitron CGNV4, Compal CH7465-LG and several other devices from Linksys and Cisco. Unfortunately it’s been found that a glitch in this chipset causes latency and packet loss, which appear to be particularly noticeable on ultrafast broadband connections like the ones offered by Virgin Media’s fastest package(s).
According to The Register, the Intel x86 CPU inside the modem component of the router is taking on too much work while processing network packets. The result is that the chipset runs a high-priority maintenance task every few seconds, which briefly occupies the CPU and this in turn causes a momentary spike in latency (increases of 200 milliseconds+) and some data packets end up being dropped.
I hope Virgin media will acknowledge this and have fix soon.