cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds, delays (Unknown issue in test)

MaoVi
On our wavelength

Good evening,

In last few days I tried to find the issue of occasionally slow connections.

Netflix buffering slowly, google has a long delay to searching or start loading pages.

Hub has reset, switch it off for 1 min. The test can't be preformed as is show "unknown issue"

In ookla speed results gives me maximum 50% of speed (depending of server) 

Any advice what can I do? 

6 REPLIES 6

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
On a wired or wireless connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

MaoVi
On our wavelength

I have connected TV to Netflix and it sometimes has delays with buffering.

My phone and laptop is wireless.

It happens only occasionally, when it drop. But in my 200Mbps broadband I have speed under 50Mbps now. (checked in android phone) 

@MaoVi wrote:

I have connected TV to Netflix and it sometimes has delays with buffering.

My phone and laptop is wireless.

It happens only occasionally, when it drop. But in my 200Mbps broadband I have speed under 50Mbps now. (checked in android phone) 

You need to test with a wired device. Wireless speeds and connectivity are not supported and are not reliable nor accurate. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

MaoVi
On our wavelength

In the past I had a full speed at any server in ookla at any device. So it not make sense for me. 

@MaoVi wrote:

In the past I had a full speed at any server in ookla at any device. So it not make sense for me. 

So test with a wired device and see what speeds you get 

Hi MaoVi

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear of the lower than expected speeds. I've ran a check today and can see no outages and your levels are fine. Congestion/SNR (signal to noise ratio) are fine as well. The WiFi is showing a few issues however. Have you got a smartphone? If so, please download the Virgin Media Connect App and then when downloaded, you'll be able to run a wireless scan in the property. This will identify any coverage blackspots, optimise where possible and also advise if you need a Pod or not.

Please could you also run a wired speedtest at speedtest.net via a laptop/PC if possible, connected via Ethernet? This will enable us to see if it's just a WiFi issue or an overall broadband speed issue.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill