cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow/non existent upload speeds

Andy_Pieman
Tuning in

I have an unusable upload speed. I've been through ALL the 'guides', run the tests, and none of this has helped. The Virgin tests come back fine, but it's really not. The SamKnows speed test shows I'm getting 0.046 Mb/s upload speed from the router. I get 942Mb/s down, but that means this is essentially one way comms, and utterly useless. I do not know how else to ask for help.

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.  In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before unless you have the New Hub4 when you do] click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle of first page up and then copy/paste as “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 pages from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again.

Also, in the meantime... If you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks John,

I've (finally) made contact with Virgin. 3 days, and a few hours running round the Chatbot. They have admitted they have a problem with the network, even though apparently the check status says everything's fine. It's just extremely frustrating. Might go to mobile.

Hello Andy_Pieman

Sorry to hear about the issue with your Service

When you made contact were you advised of when the Network issues will be resolved?

Gareth_L

No, I was given no information at all. Initially an engineer was booked for Wed (pretty much a week in the future) but was then cancelled because a fault had been found. During this time the status just said everything was fine leaving me not knowing if this fault was being looked at or not.

Today (Mon) the fault is fixed

Thanks Andy_Pieman

Let me take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L