cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow WiFi speeds

Thomburgess
Joining in

Hello, I seem to be getting terrible WiFi speed in the room I use as an office, previously I have tried doing the room scan and it tells me I have great signal in every room, however if I do an actual speed check in different rooms, the speeds are drastically different, the last couple of days have been woefully bad so I decided to do the scan again, however now in my office room it won't scan, but it also doesn't give me any options to order a booster or anything it just fails and makes me scan again, every other room seems to be fine!

Thanks in advance for any advice!

2 REPLIES 2

g0akc
Problem sorter

Check with a third party free WiFi analyser app

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Thomburgess, 

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the Community. It's lovely to see you coming back here for assistance. 

We're sorry to hear you've been having an issue with your WiFi connection. Getting different speeds in different rooms is actually quite normal however the signal being different is affected by the environment. 

Looking at things this end, checks are showing that the signal level to the Virgin Media Intelligent WiFi Pod is lower than recommended and suggests it needs relocating. 

This link will help you with troubleshooting: How to set up and troubleshoot Virgin Media Intelligent WiFi.

Let us know how things go and if you believe you need another pod, we can arrange this for you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs