Starting a few weeks ago, I've noticed a marked drop in my WiFi speeds. Up until early Jan I was able to get >180Mbps pretty much anywhere in the house, but now, even if I'm practically sat on the Hub (SH3), I'm lucky to get 90Mbps, normally it's hovering around 50Mbps. Wired connections are perfect, and nearly always hitting 200Mbps.
I ran the diagnostics within the Hub and get the following:
The text below list my WiFI devices and advises poor signal. (Few screen shots below with some error - grateful for any advice)
Other info I pulled from the router are:
And then this which has various errors etc going back to Jan:
Whilst waiting for your pictures to be approved.. Have you read the 2 "pink" posts at the top of this board on "optimising wifi". If so, did you analyse your wifi environment and try some of the suggestions? Renaming the ssid's of the 2.4 & 5 GHz networks as well as disabling "channel optimisation" is also worth trying as it has solved wifi issues for a number of people on here.
-------------------- Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
What device are you testing the wireless speed with? To get speeds around 180Mbps I take it you are using the 5Ghz band.
Looking at you graph there is a Sky connection which is emitting a stronger signal than your Hub. As the 80MHz channel is overlapping with the channel you are broadcasting on, your devices will be sharing bandwidth with that network as only one device on either network sharing the channel be be able to broadcast at one time.
Along with the Sky channel you have a neighbouring VM network and with along with the Sky channel may be causing channel width fallback, reducing the channel width your Hub is broadcasting on, thus reducing speed.
You could try a higher channels bearing in mind they will be subject to DFS and you will need to wait 60secs to connect
Another thing to be aware of that your devices aren't roaming to the 2GHz band by checking your devices are not set to automatically set to connect to the 2.4GHz band as well as the 5GHz band