Menu
petersladdie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow Download Speed

It was taking so long to download my notebook from onedrive.live.com that I cancelled the download. download speed was less than 1Mbs per second. I checked the service status and it says no faults on any of my services. I also ran the test but that did not make any difference either. I was able to download a photo from google photo earlier without any problem. is it a Microsoft problem?Screenshot (16).png

0 Kudos
Andruser
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Download Speed

If performance is fine on some sites, but poor on one, then chances are that it is an internet connectivity problem outside of Virgin Media's control, or a load management issue for the site you're trying to use (again, outside VM's control).

As quick check, do a speed test using Ookla.  Don't change the test server settings, see what speed it shows.  If you do this on a PC, Mac or netbook that's connected to the hub by an ethernet cable then you should see your full contracted speed unless there's a fault.  You can test over wireless, but that will deliver a less reliable answer, because wireless connections are (for the most part) slower than the cable connection, and from the speed test alone we can't say what is the limiting factor.  

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Petersladdie, 

Thanks for using the forum to get this looked into, I can see Andruser has already given you some advice that should help us uncover any further issues, please let us know how the speed test goes and we'll help further. 

Thanks 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
petersladdie
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thank you. here is the screen shot now that I have found a cable to plug into the router. I think its probably the Microsoft site that is at fault.  I just hope that if the onenote app fails I can recover my data by reloading because trying to use onedrive.live for anything other than word or exel is driving me mad!Screenshot (17).png

0 Kudos