Menu
seaba56
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Skype for Buisness IM issue with Superhub

I'm having a similar issue with Skype for business and the IM function to a similar issue on this community. When I connect to my company VPN (cisco anyconnect) and run Skype for Business the instant messaging function freezes and goes offline then flips back online in the middle of messaging. All the other functions work (calls, video and presenting). I have been onto VM and ask if there is a fix for this to which 1.5hrs later they have "DNS opt out" which didn't work.

One of the previous threads suggested going into modem mode and installing a router before the superhub? Is that really the only option I have?  and how do I put the router in modem mode?

your help on this matter would me much appreciated, as calling the helpdesks has only raised my frustration to which no resolution has been found.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Skype for Buisness IM issue with Superhub

You can test modem mode without a router to see if everything works ok
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-hub-modem-mode

0 Kudos
seaba56
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Alessandro

Went out Saturday and bought a new router and installed this and switched the Virgin Media router to Modem mode. Initial tests have been good, not one IM dropped this morning (for me Mondays mornings are a high level of planning and skype meetings with IM conversations).

Disappointed that the tech support (2nd and 3rd line) did not know about this issue, but was impressed that the community had the answers.

Also disappointed with the complains process from Virgin media. I'm now waiting on a phone call from "whoever" so I can explain my frustrations and no reference number or e-mail contact to follow this up.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Your “complains” will likely not help to fix the issue for router mode given that modem mode fixed it.

0 Kudos
seaba56
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If Virgin Media take complaints serious then I don't see any reason why this would not help. Highlighting an issue that they clearly don't know about might have them raise a ticket to investigate why this issue persists. Selling me a service that I now have to invest added money to get it working, is an issue. I don't have a Superhub anymore I now have an OKhub.  

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

For reference - which router did you get and was it an easy set up?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
seaba56
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I did a bit of research and bought a TP-link Archer C7 AC1750. It gives both the 2.4G and 5G bandwidths I need to work in my upstairs office and with the App, setup was very easy to install and I was up and going in about 10mins. I could have go one a lot cheaper but the reviews I read did suggest this as value for money.

0 Kudos