Menu
nicoleclaire123
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Signed contract rate lower than charge

Good morning,

Just wondering if anyone can provide any advice here. In September I called to see if there was any negotiation on the price increase that Virgin had mentioned they were putting onto my account. The man on the phone was incredibly helpful and reduced the price for me and then also put a further reduction for (I believe) three months onto the account.

In my contract it outlines that the price will rise by £3 on the 20th March 2019 which I had expected, but today I checked my bank statement and saw that they had taken £3 more this month than agreed. I called to query this and they said that on the system the additional £3 looks correct. I asked how that can be when my contract specifies the reduced rate and they said when I called they were aware of the price increase and therefore it's the right information. They then stated that they would need to listen to my phone call to see what I agreed and get back to me in 24-48 hours. I know that I agreed the lower rate when I called because I was so pleased with the customer service.

I'm very concerned that they won't stand by the contract that we've both signed even once they've listened to the phonecall and confirmed what was agreed. Are they legally allowed to do this? Surely if they can flout the contract then I'm not legally bound to it either.

Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks so much

N

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Signed contract rate lower than charge

Hello nicoleclaire123

Thanks for your first post on our forums

As good as it is to hear from you, it's a shame to read the above 

I have checked your account and can see you have called in since posting on here 

Hopefully everything is okay now regarding the increased price 

If you do need anything else, pop back on here 

Regards 

Gareth_L Forums Team 

0 Kudos
daveeb
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I've just had exactly the same issue, only the amount is £4. I negotiated a new contract at the end of September after the price increase notification. The price was honoured for 2 months until I received notification in November that the bill was £4 more. I phoned back to query it and after a bit of too-ing and fro-ing I was again assured that the price would be honoured (i have a contract from them with the reduced payments clearly stated). I checked my online account status and it still has the increased amount showing as due.

I'm going to wait until the money is debited later this month, but if the higher amount is taken I'll be extremely angry and will certainly be complaining strenously. I've renegotiated before after price rises and this has never happened before, seems to me like a new cynical approach to increase revenue.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello daveeb

Thanks for your post 

I Will be more than happy to take a look at this for you.

I have just sent you a private message requesting some further information. You should see a plum coloured envelope top right of your screen , this will have some information you need to answer.

Regards

Gareth_L Forums Team 

daveeb
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Gareth

I've pm'd back.

0 Kudos