Menu
Larby2102
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Signal

Tuesday 12/01/21 received and installed a “ hub3” unit. Since installing the signal to my phone even if I’m sitting 6 feet away from the hub can be little or nothing.....signal strength on my phone shows full bars but I have to switch off WiFi and use 4g. Anybody else having the same issue.

I have a brand new iPhone XR .

is it an issue or just crap equipment/service off virgin?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Signal

Have you split the wifi bands? Chosen less congested channels?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Larby2102
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How do you do that?

0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Larby2102 wrote:

How do you do that?

Have a look through some of the other threads on here - there are loads of details on how to do those things.

You can even try the Apple 'Airport' app on your phone to scan the Wi-Fi channels and see if a neighbour is interfering on the same channels (turn on scanning in the phone settings for that app, then off when finished).

https://wifi.rainbird.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Using-Airport-Utility-to-Scan-WiFi-Network-Sign...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!