cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking service from the call centre - how do I deal with a sensible UK rep?

Alastairhill
Tuning in

I have been a customer for around two months.

So far the broadband has repeatedly dropped out and every time I speak to the overseas call centre they do nothing but a line test and tell me it's fixed.

Then there's a fault in my area (weeks later) and a manager called Krish tells me to call him back on a voicemail and then nobody is able to locate this guy when I do call back.

I have been lied to consistently and there appears to be zero recourse or any way of dealing with this!! please help!!!

I just want to speak want to speak with someone in the UK whereby I can trust they will do what they need to do and help me resolve the issue!!

this is terrible!!!!

9 REPLIES 9

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Would you like to explain here what the problem is?  It's a good source of advice.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

poor broadband (slow - keeps dropping out), which means we can’t watch any apps or playback on the telly, video calls are poor quality, websites take forever to upload, email takes an age.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
And is that just on wifi or do the same issues happen on a computer/laptop connected on an ethernet cable. What Hub model is it and what do the various lights show/do when you get a drop out?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @Alastairhill.

Welcome back to our community forums.

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with your broadband and have been unable to get help regarding this. We can imagine the frustration this may have caused. I have been able to access your account using forum details and I can see you called our team recently regarding this. Was the broadband issue resolved with our team? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The issues have not been resolved and largely with a abysmal service your team give.

Hence I wanted to speak with a UK representative.

you are speaking to UK people on here - other than that its difficult - you can ring retentions and follow the - i want to leave option - that has a good chance of getting you to a UK centre but they will transfer you to anywhere when you start with technical questions

but fro what you have said - dropping out - slow speeds - poor connection - as already asked is this wifi or a wired connection or both - if its wifi then you need to look at your options as VM do not guarantee a perfect wifi connect - if wired devices are a problem then thats different

you could start with this

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thank you @Alastairhill

We further apologise that your issue remains and we want to do our best to assist. I have had a look into your account and I can see you have an appointment for today regarding your broadband issue. Please let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help after.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Problem solved thanks to the amazing on site engineer. 
all good when a proper engineer looks at the problem, not a fake technician who is only a 1st line support call handler! 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Alastairhill

Thanks for coming back to give us an update, I'm so glad to hear the problem is resolved for you now.

Please do get back in touch if there's anything else you need.

Best wishes,

Serena