cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings password

Baileyfitz15
Joining in

Hub 3.0 settings password (which is printed on the bottom of the router) isn't working. Does Virgin reset this with a different default password and if so how do I get it? I’ve tried a reset but still saying password incorrect, 

9 REPLIES 9

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the settings password, as on the hub, is not working the only thing that can be done is a pin hole reset. Press the switch in for 60 seconds and then let the hub reboot, do NOT power cycle the hub. If this does not work the only option is to swap the hub for another. There is no magic token that VM can use to reset this password. If there was it would be a huge security hole.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Baileyfitz15 wrote:

Hub 3.0 settings password (which is printed on the bottom of the router) isn't working. Does Virgin reset this with a different default password and if so how do I get it? I’ve tried a reset but still saying password incorrect, 

Make sure that you are using the eight digit numeric settings passcode not the default WiFi password that is also printed on the base of the Hub3

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @Baileyfitz15,

Have you been able to complete the pin hole reset and log into the hub settings using the 8 digit password on the base of the hub?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Yes and it didn’t work. 

SOunds like a knackered hub!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Thanks for coming back to me

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner, for a private message from me, so I can investigate this further for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Baileyfitz15

Quick message to to see how yesterdays visit went 

Has the service improved?

Gareth_L

Im pleased to feedback we’ve gone from 35mbps download speed to 490mbps
one very happy customer with three happy children 😊

I still cannot access the router settings, the technician advised the router is locked but he will get this sorted asap. 

Thats so good to hear Baileyfitz15

Sorry it took that long to resolve 

Were here if you need anything else at all 

Gareth_L