cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up dual band router

rickj64
On our wavelength

Due to set up Asus 2 band router . Is it best to use same address for 2&5 GHz or split with different names . Getting conflicting answers on the web . Never set up a dual band so a bit in the dark . I presume if I split it will show 2 networks available and it's then a matter of seeing what is best for each device trying to access the internet. Or have I completely got it wrong ( more than likely!!) 

Thanks in advance . Asus rt56x.

16 REPLIES 16

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Disconnect Asus from hub and connect your PC to Asus router and try to login.

---------------------------------------------------------------

rickj64
On our wavelength

Hard reset as per customer service ..still not recognised . Beyond belief the grief 12 days with virgin has caused 

rickj64
On our wavelength

I haven't got that far . Iam trying to put into modem mode and it ask for password to access router settings . CS said reset and will work ...well obviously not .

rickj64
On our wavelength

Any idea why it's not recognising my password .trying to put in modem mode and says password incorrect ... Reset router as per customer service but still no go . On verge of cancelling the lot tbh and going back to sky ! 

Thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi rickj64,

You need to enter the settings password (8 digits) on the base of your hub, not the WiFi password.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@rickj64 wrote:

Any idea why it's not recognising my password .trying to put in modem mode and says password incorrect ... Reset router as per customer service but still no go . On verge of cancelling the lot tbh and going back to sky ! 

Thanks

Are you using the settings password, as opposed to wi-fi password, as per message #2 here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Hub-3-0-settings-password-not-working/td-p/...

When you are resetting, have you tried the reset procedure at #2 here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/How-to-reset-Hub-3-0-settings-password/td-p...

often seems to get a result from topics on here when the CS reset procedure has not

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
If the password don't match the hubs default then you need a new hub....think VM should put the modem mode option out side of the login... or a switch on the hub...

---------------------------------------------------------------