cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up TP Link VR2100 router

davrob
Up to speed

Am trying to set up WIFI router TP Link VR2100 but having problems getting Internet to router. All works OK with laptop connected but not router. TP Link are asking me for "username" & "password" from Virgin but what is and where is this information so that I fill in. Have phoned VM twice and getting 2 different answers.

Can somebody please help. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davrob wrote:

Sorry to come back but under settings under Internet Connection Type it greyed out with PPPoA under it or is it under any other heading? - possible under IP & MAC Binding? Sorry I am lost. 

• Make sure the HUB is in modem mode, then turn OFF.
  • The HUB must be plugged into the 'WAN' LAN port on the TP-LInk.
  • Access the TP-Link and setup the 'Internet Connection Type' as 'Dynamic IP' (Do the 'Quick Setup' again if you need to).
  • Turn on HUB.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Get it working by double NAT then you know it should work in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

JitteryPinger
Super solver

Check this out https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Hub3-with-Archer-VR-2800-Archer-will-not-co...

Router needs to be set to dynamic ip, reset modem with nothing connected, then connect router.

The Giggitty 1

Thanks for your quick reply. I take this dynamic ip set up is within the superhub3 - then put it in modem mode - then connect TP router.

Cheers I'll a go.

David

No Dynamic IP setting is in the setup pages of TP-Link router

The Giggitty 1

Sorry to come back but under settings under Internet Connection Type it greyed out with PPPoA under it or is it under any other heading? - possible under IP & MAC Binding? Sorry I am lost. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davrob wrote:

• Make sure the HUB is in modem mode, then turn OFF.
  • The HUB must be plugged into the 'WAN' LAN port on the TP-LInk.
  • Access the TP-Link and setup the 'Internet Connection Type' as 'Dynamic IP' (Do the 'Quick Setup' again if you need to).
  • Turn on HUB.

I've looked into this further and can see how the confusion is occurring.

The Vr2100 is made to use a DSL connection of which Virgin is not but no problem, in that case you need to login it the TP-Link router, head to Advanced tab and then into Operation Mode make sure its set to Wireless Router Mode

VR2100 DSL/WAN SetupVR2100 DSL/WAN Setup

The Giggitty 1

Well things have changed but still no Internet. Come to end of set up and says Please reconfigure your parameters. 

Internet connection type is Dynamic IP and above says VLAN Tag which is enabled? 

disable VLAN tag

The Giggitty 1

• Have disabled no difference or at least no Internet - TP still showing red. Thanks for your help guys but shall have to enable Super Hub3 to I can get some WiFi. I shall have another go tomorrow. Thanks once again your a great help