Menu
BigStevie1973
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Setting the time to BST on Hub 3.0

Hi,

I noticed that my connected phones were constantly reverting to one hour behind no matter how many times I changed the time on them and upon further investigation I discovered that the problem was not with the phones but with the Hub 3.0. Is there some way to change the time on the Hub to allow for the change to BST from GMT?

Thanks

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Setting the time to BST on Hub 3.0

Nope and the hub has nothing to do with your phones time being 1 hour wrong thats an issue where the phone get the time from or a setting on your phone. How do I know the hub time is not linked to your phone time? Because a 1 million people would complain about it.

0 Kudos
BigStevie1973
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Well, I have read other threads with a similar issue. But that aside, is there a way to set the time on the hub or not?

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

There is no way to change the hubs time.

0 Kudos
BigStevie1973
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

That seems a bit stupid but thanks for clarifying anyway.

0 Kudos
BigStevie1973
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@legacy1 wrote:
Nope and the hub has nothing to do with your phones time being 1 hour wrong thats an issue where the phone get the time from or a setting on your phone. How do I know the hub time is not linked to your phone time? Because a 1 million people would complain about it.

Just for the record, this is what I was advised concerning my phones: -

"The time is automatically set by the exchange CLI when you get a call.

Please make sure you have the correct month and year, set on the phone, as that information is not sent from the exchange. If they are incorrect, then you are likely to get unpredictable results.

If the phone is correct, then there could be an issue with the CLI information coming from your Service Provider`s exchange equipment."

Therefore one of you must be wrong.

0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

What phone are you using?
Are you making calls through the Hub's telephone ports (I believe they are working for the new FTTP areas)?

The internet uses the same time all over the world, using the UTC system which loosely correlates with GMT, so there needs to be a timing offset applied somewhere to get local time. You cannot change internet time or it will cause chaos, breaking the net.

0 Kudos
BigStevie1973
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@griffin wrote:

What phone are you using?
Are you making calls through the Hub's telephone ports (I believe they are working for the new FTTP areas)?

The internet uses the same time all over the world, using the UTC system which loosely correlates with GMT, so there needs to be a timing offset applied somewhere to get local time. You cannot change internet time or it will cause chaos, breaking the net.

Yeah, I'm using a BT8500 handset through the hub's telephone ports and every time a call comes in it resets the time to GMT

0 Kudos
suefisher1
Joining in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I am also having this problem using a BT 4600 cordless phone. Contacted BT and they said to contact my service provider.  Have you contacted Virgin Media about this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
BigStevie1973
Tuning in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@suefisher1 wrote:

I am also having this problem using a BT 4600 cordless phone. Contacted BT and they said to contact my service provider.  Have you contacted Virgin Media about this?

The only real response I got was that this is the time set by the internet itself and that it cannot be changed, which means that until we revert back to GMT from BST, the phones will always be an hour off. Even if you change the time on the phone, each time you receive a call, the time will change again. It really does seem very stupid that you can't set the time on your hub like I could on my old BT hub.

0 Kudos