cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Up TP-Link AX1800 Wi-Fi 6 with HUB4

mrpennisi
Joining in

Hello, 

I am trying to setup this router with my VM network. 

I followed all the guides, switched the Hub4 to modem mode, shutted it down, turned on the DHCP on the router and followed all the other guides in this forum. 

Nothing seems to work, and weirdly enough, even if in modem mode, the Hub is still broadcasting the wifi network, but of course no other device can log in. 

What am I doing wrong?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-Next-Gen-Gigabit-Wireless-1201Mbps/dp/B089YXY2YH/?th=1

17 REPLIES 17

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To check:

1) Your router is set to router mode and the WAN port is set to DHCP.

2) You hub really is in modem mode. I cannot transmit a WiFi signal if it’s in this mode. The other way to check is to plug in two devices with Ethernet cables, only one should work.

3) Ethernet cable between hub and modem is ok.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I think that even when in modem mode the Virgin Media WiFi hotspot is not opted out, so don't bother about it. What's the colour of the hub's LED and the Deco's LED?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Apparently is a problem with VM, And I should really wait 24hrs.

Hub4 lights do not change in modem mode, Ans on the deco the wan light is orange

The hub 4 has seven lights and knowing which one you have gives a clue as to what's happening.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Still White 🙂 which doesn't give any clues 

Can you get a PC to work in modem mode without a router?
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Setting-Up-TP-Link-AX1800-Wi-Fi-6-with-HUB4...
---------------------------------------------------------------

Did this ever get resolved as I am experiencing the same issues.

I have had it connected and set up but then the 2G doesn’t work and keeps disconnecting.

Hi, 

yes it was something on the VM side. Call the call centre and ask them about