cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting UniFy on Hub 5

sixfoottwo
On our wavelength

I have just replace a SH3 with a 5.  I have 3 UniFy extenders but cannot get them to work - the wifi is still coming from the SH.  I've tried changing to Modem only without success. Can anyone give me a simple step by step method to get the extenders to operate?

6 REPLIES 6

sixfoottwo
On our wavelength

I set up modem mode, connect the hub to a laptop, type 192.168.100.1  and all I get is a message saying No Internet.  

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In modem mode your laptop should be set to DHCP.  Reboot the Hub with the laptop attached, and it should get a WAN IP and internet access

Also note in modem mode you can only have one ethernet cable attached to the Hub, i.e. to the laptop or to a 3rd party Router.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

sixfoottwo
On our wavelength

DHPC? How do you do that?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just set the laptop's NIC to get an automatic IP address, i.e. do not set any values manually.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
You should look at getting a router for your UniFy extenders?
---------------------------------------------------------------

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What are "UniFy extenders", do you mean UniFi wireless access points? If so, what model/s, I have a lot of experience of UniFi equipment.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2