Menu
Willbav
Joining in
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service dropping out - I’m leaving if not fixed

Thanks for all the help.  The problem is the chaps on the phone are very (very!) little help, the engineer that visited was very helpful but was being asked to change a router when he knew that was not the source of the problem.  I suspect my area is just oversubscribed.  Hopefully a VM person who actually knows what is going on will respond to this thread to acknowledge the problem and let me know when it will be fixed.

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

You'll be waiting a week if you don't want further help from the Community.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Willbav
Joining in
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I'm grateful for any help but you'll have to pitch it at an extreme novice level if you have the patience.  Looking at channel 24, this is the latest: so it has gone up.

24Locked38.95219631244727
0 Kudos
Rikaka85
Joining in
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Do you have an attenuator fitted at the modem? Square block or little round shaped device.

0 Kudos
Willbav
Joining in
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Not that I can see. I assume this would be fitted on the incoming VM cable before the router?

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@Willbav wrote:

I'm grateful for any help but you'll have to pitch it at an extreme novice level if you have the patience.  Looking at channel 24, this is the latest: so it has gone up.

24Locked38.95219631244727

The 244727 hasn't gone up - this is the one that matters - lost data.  The 5219631 is a count of correctable packets and the increase in count is perfectly normal as there is always noise on an electrical line.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Rikaka85
Joining in
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

You'll need a texhnican. Your upstream tx is too high really. Especially if your modem is meant to be bonding to 4 upstreams. 

Reboot your hub and keep an eye on the post errors. There may be a problem with the network plant, your drop cable or internal cabling.

0 Kudos
Willbav
Joining in
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the help folks.

A VM engineer has visited and tested things and says my cabling and modem is fine and the issue is with the network in my area which is something the helpdesk staff dont seem able (or willing?) to confirm.  He also said to make sure I get compensation on my bill.

He said that “somebody will be working on it” but I want this confirmed and an eta for the fix as frankly I’m not willing to continue with this poor service from VM in the blind hope it will get fixed at some point in the future.

0 Kudos