cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service disruption again

Clarky78
Tuning in

Hi , I hope someone can help. This morning I have woke up to no service. My router is showing all fine. All blue lights (hub2) and flashing yet cannot connect to internet. Checked for issues locally, nothing, tried test online and get the ' unable to test connection ' error. 

Very frustrating. If anyone could advise would be appreciated. I have tried a few reboots, resets etc

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

g0akc
Problem sorter

To to 192.168.0.1

What do the hub status pages show?  Put the data here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Clarky78 

Was it just the online /check-services/i  function that you used? 

If so you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks both for the replies. I forgot to mention this morning I have upgraded and received my kit last Thursday. Unfortunately the cables were missing so contacted virgin who advised I would receive them within 5 working days. I have today received a text saying they have set up my upgrade and have 12 hours to set my kit up , which is currently impossible waiting for the cables. 

So in the meantime I left my current set up all set up which was working fine until this morning about 2am.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Clarky78 

I'm not sure if they will be able to do this, but try calling the activation line on 0800 953 9500  and explain to them what's happened and ask if they can re-activate the older hub.  If they can do that then call them again when you get the correct cabling so they can then activate the new hub.

If you call them then have your account and area number handy, and the hub serial number.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @Clarky78

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been facing some problem with your connection and broadband service recently. Are these issues ongoing today since your posts? Have you managed to raise this with the team? If so, what have they advised?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!