cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server keeps going unreachable

MikeSinnett
Tuning in

Most evenings I spend catching up with my e-mails using Virginmail on a Windows laptop. Every few minutes I get a 'Server Unreachable' message in red at the bottom of the screen and I am unable to send messages, access folders, etc. This lasts about 30 seconds to a minute and then everything is alright again until the next message appears. My network connection appears to be stable during all of these messages. I am wondering if it could be a setting on my laptop that's causing the problem. Any ideas?    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Reads like the symptoms of Virgin Media's email servers not functioning reliably or taking too long to respond.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Client62
Legend

Reads like the symptoms of Virgin Media's email servers not functioning reliably or taking too long to respond.

MikeSinnett
Tuning in

Following on from yesterday's post on this topic. There seems to have been an update to Virgin Mail because I've had to reset a number of my e-mail settings. Now, whenever I try to look at my Filter Rules settings or my Blocklist settings I get the message in red 'Server Unreachable' every time. It is most annoying!

Hi MikeSinnett, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about the issues you are having with your email. We're sorry to hear that you are getting the 'server unreachable' error message. 

Are you using the webmail feature or an email client on your Windows laptop? If the latter, can you try using the webmail on a browser to see if you get the same error message?

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have always used webmail. The problem has been intermittent before - now it is permanent - whenever I try to blocklist an e-mail address. -

Sorry to hear this @MikeSinnett 

Is this the only mailbox you are having this issue with? Do you also happen to have an intermittent network service?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes, I rarely use my Gmail mailbox. My wife has not mentioned anything to me about a problem with her blueyonder.co.uk account. The network service is never that reliable up here. I have always been able to add e-mail addresses to my blocklist before but I can't know - response is always 'server unreachable'.

Do you get the same issue with the same email on a different device at all @MikeSinnett ?

Are you able to follow the steps here to see more about the error itself?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I always access my e-mails via a web browser not by an e-mail client. I have just used my HP All-in-One Desktop upstairs and I get exactly the same message - Server Unreachable - the minute I try to block a sender. I am now getting the same message flashing up on the bottom of the screen every time I access my e-mails for the first time each day.

Thanks for getting back to us @MikeSinnett 

If you are able to try the steps I have linked to in my previous post, we can learn more about the error itself, and be able to support further. The post with the steps is the 'helpful answer post' by our amazing  VIP 用心棒. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley