cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate 2.4ghz & 5ghz on Hub 4

Ste_monk
Tuning in

Hi,

Is there a way to split the signals on the hub 4? I’ve gone in to all the settings but can’t see smart wifi like there was on the 3

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
In the Hub3 it wasnt in "smart wifi" it was in Advanced>Wireless>Security, you just overtyped the SSID's and put in password(s) and saved/applied changes - is it not the same on the Hub4?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
If its not one thing its another...its like they started over with the hub 4 and didn't listen.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Super frustrating as I can’t get my smart plugs to connect as they need a solely 2.4ghz connection. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
In the Hub3 it wasnt in "smart wifi" it was in Advanced>Wireless>Security, you just overtyped the SSID's and put in password(s) and saved/applied changes - is it not the same on the Hub4?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Found it thank you. 

Please could you tell a 66yr old how to do this. Thanks in advance for any help

@mhenshall wrote:

Please could you tell a 66yr old how to do this. Thanks in advance for any help

As per the instructions above 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Thanks I'll give it another go tomorrow,

I couldn't find it in the hub 4

But like I say I'll have another go tomorrow 

Sorted, thank you