cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Password

RicaO
Joining in

Hi I was hoping to cancel my contract and was told I needed to do this by phone.

However, I can't remember my security password. Could I get an assistance on resending my passwords by mail or on how I could reset it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you actually spoken to them - they can usually get passd the passwords with asking yo questions about your account - favourite place etc that you put in when you set up.

Try that or- you can cancel In writing to…

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

Include dates, name, address and all account details. They say to also include your phone number so they can call you to confirm - probably to make you an offer to stay rather than ask a password.

Do it by registered mail with a receipt for signature on arrival.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you actually spoken to them - they can usually get passd the passwords with asking yo questions about your account - favourite place etc that you put in when you set up.

Try that or- you can cancel In writing to…

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

Include dates, name, address and all account details. They say to also include your phone number so they can call you to confirm - probably to make you an offer to stay rather than ask a password.

Do it by registered mail with a receipt for signature on arrival.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I have tried. I was waiting on the phone for 45mins and then he couldn't hear then once he could I got it wrong then he just dropped the call on me.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Call at 08.00 and you usually get through quickly to the UK based retentions team

--------------------
John
--------------------

Thanks so much John! I will try again

Hi RicaO, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you were having trouble remembering your security password. 

Whilst we're unable to process a disconnection from here, we are able to help reset the security password. To avoid any further delay in case you're still having an issue, I've sent you a private message to get things sorted. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kate_F , 

can you help me with the same issue ? I need reset of my security password ....

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Roblight, 

Thank you for your post and we can certainly take a look into this for you.

I will pop you over a PM, keep an eye out for the purple envelope.

Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for messaging with me Roblight, 

Glad we could get this updated for you, if you need anything else please pop back 🙂