Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second Network with strange add, slow website loading

Berzerkerro666
Joining in

Hey guys.
i have 2 problems.
1. week and a half ago after storm (don't know if anything has to do with it) i've noticed i can see new network with the same same but with _EXT at the end with the same password as my network. in hum dashboard there is nothing about that network or in gguest network options.
2. also since that time i'm experiencing slow websites loads especially Youtube. download speed is the same as always.
I did all the usual thing like Router reset, wifi card rest, even windows reinstall
Post code B989JA

www.thinkbroadband.com 

12 REPLIES 12

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Do you have Boosters or Powerline adapters - the _EXT is usually where one of those devices has cloned your home network.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Not that i know of. I'll ask my flatmate but i don't see any connected. And if yes would this could be creating issues with Websites loading slower?

Just asked my flatmate and yes. He is using TP-Link re200 ac750. Would it be the cause of high latency and packet loss in games, websites and streaming? 

Hi @Berzerkerro666

Thanks for the reply

Do you only experience these issues on the gaming device?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Pc, tablet, mobile. 

Problem with streaming YT and Netflix while playing online games I get high latency and packet loss

Hi @Berzerkerro666,

Thank you for coming back to us and letting us know more information about this situation.

Can you tell us if you've completed a Pin-Hole Reset on your Hub to see if this can clear any issues on the line? Please follow the following instructions on how to do this here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-reset-your-hub.

Please let us know how you get on and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes. I did it couple of times

Yes. I did it couple of times

Hi Berzerkerro666

Thanks for trying that. 

Are you able to try a factory reset on the TP-Link re200 ac750.

As that would be where you are picking up the connection from 

Gareth_L